Skip to main content

Awoken (poem)

It’s a fraction of my soul,
this hole 
you want to control.

It’s a distracting false role, 
this whole
you want a ‘protocol’ show. 

I can drink away my whimsy 
with cigarettes and whiskey.

When they get antsy,
take their kids to Disney 
smiling miserably.

But it’s a fraction of the whole
soul, those they them The Man
wish to control.

Smile through the pain
at those who get the gain.

Some of us really can see the rain.
Some of us, that’s all we ever see.

You’re out there, My Mr. Somebody.
But My Mr. Something heeds a bigger ring.

I see the halos, and the bows, the fairies and the trolls,
Rainbow Warriors & Indigos. 

The price we pay is water,
we failed The Splatter Test, Father.

Every day, every day. 
I see them die this way.

Olin’s bullets in the left hand, bleach in its right,
we lose the battle 
because we don’t even fight. 

Our murders are entertaining.
Our homeless are lazy.
Truthers are crazy... 






Comments