Skip to main content

Thank You for Smoking (poem)

Oh, honey, I will and I do
will drink that drink
and milk that honeydew
from you
no lists for you
just trysts and kiss 
pure bliss
Twin Peak
I peek
Thank You For Smoking
been choking on a chicken
who's been obstructing my very soul
hip to hip
spider swing real slow
you're my only crush
my only eye
The Apple
the lipstick 
the lotion 
the eyeliner and heels
the banter for you to eavesdrop upon  

Did I reach for a secret too soon?

I want all of your shadows at midnight

The fight that takes flight 

grip my face just right

and know all outside of our mouths is sheering madness.

Gladness is your warm gun, bell tower hair trigger sun.  All of their gods and children can run.

We be doin' what Adam and Lilith's instinctively done, no prenup or insurance premium.   

You want hours or days?  Touches or torture?  If we could find time to nurture...

It's all conjecture and speculation.

Anticipation in apprehension.  

We can decide the difference between curtains and sheets.  

He's hit me with all the sugar cubes.  

I'm sultry and rude.  

Put me bitch on that bike and trike me up off Skype and hike up what you have to 

we'll only stop for water

and food

you're my dude

I feel it too.

I want you like music and I'll admire from afar and send those mixed signals over your singles 

stand me up at the goddamn bar

I've waited for you for far longer

and I don't want to barter with the bartender

or waste much more time.

Love is fluid and I say we do it.

But you can be James Dean, 

I can ache for that gene.

Give you a bam when I can,

so you know

this is what it feels like

in my eyes

indisposed, stuttering and struggling to strut 

the feeling you seeing my walking butt 

but I want 

so much more of your attention and time.

And even though he is,

     he ain't mine.
     
But I love to watch him shine.  
   

Comments