Skip to main content

Stay (poem)

Family
was a mere word to me.

Phantamsnial
phenomena, distant
memory.

Phantom nostalgia
comes to visit.

The affliction? Exquisite.  

You can build that Wonderwall
You can be a feather and you can be a stone
but just stay
and say
that 
I'm home.

Whisper into my mouth,
keep all the promises.
Buy me that painting
carve my name in that tree

You can yell, you can critique 
but please,
don't you leave

Too.

Can't endure the thought of losing,
can't stand this emotive of love.  

If I can't get your hugs,
I'll strive for shoves.  

Because indifference can't win.

If we did the wrong thing,
it'd be my favorite sin.

This feels uncanny,
your eyes always shine.

My hands will get clammy,
won't you please be mine?

On every Valentine,
on every day.

Would you waltz this-a-way and be my Michael Walter?
Would you come to replenish my soul with your water?

I love you like I love all of the music,
I love you like I love all of all of the songs.

I love you so much,
I'll leave you alone.      

Comments