Skip to main content

Queen of Swords (poem)

want a guy in a pink silk suit

who winks a lot and says I’m cute.

Sometimes he’d call me Hun,

eyes and skin shone like sun,

looking at me in my femininity.

The infinity of fertility.

He was shy but so was I,

he’d walk by, I’d catch my breath.

Hated when he called me ‘Beth’

until even in silence

I knew his step.

I’d echo out his hollow

and knew his depth.

She’s so shallow,

he’s so complex. 

Been gone two years now,

still wonder what comes next. 

Two princes to one Tiger King,

so take that ring and with much aplomb 

speak it so and make it be, 

forget your Princess H-bomb and marry me.

How do you live in a house without feeling?

How do you survive a savage day? 

I only want you to love me, 

I don’t need to always get my way. 

If we both in unison sing

we know there’s nothing 

either could say. 

I’d have you,

I’d hold you,

I could never dare control you, 

you’re ferrel and I like you that way. 

Every mood of his face 

had its own place 

now it’s an empty parking lot. 

Fading memories 

all I got. 

But should you one day feel free

when you couldn’t be caught 

to set sail with me 

since free love can’t be bought

you ought to tell me your life story 

and every philosophy, every opinion, every 

winsome thing. 

Because heavy is this crown.

But even heavier is this ring. 

I forget

You remind 

Don’t rewind 

The pastime 

You might block me out 

but I still see your mouth 

you don’t have a home,

you live in a house.

I want all the April and Mays, 

I want all the showers.

I want the violins, flowers, and violence.


Anything but 

silence. 

Comments