Skip to main content

Is That Girl Your Girlfriend? (poem)

It's great when you hate
& life you don't take.
Revenge is cold cake:
throw that dope a rope
    and just wait.

you broke up mummy & daddy
Brittney & Drew
your brother & I
because that's what you "do"
you're strange and you're feral
best left kept in a zoo

...where they'll stroke you
& feed you
and tell you who's whom,
so you can hold love for ransom
because that's what you do.

my ring finger's lonesome
because you are so very loathsome,
no sweet unassuming thang are you.
Those hard knocks have left a bruise or two.

But I can make rabbit stew
of a rabid lil' ruse like you
who's got more on her nose than dew;
when you achoo, no one blesses you
'cause of what you do

so I'll huff 'n' I'll puff,
while you girl jus' blown,
bow down to your proper Ice Queen
as she's always known.
Not mean for showing some teeth...

as I'm strong and you're weak.
So keep your brothers and your toys,
that whiny voice, obnoxious noise,
"Hello, McFly" taps in the void
behold, Dark Muse

my inward joys.

I've lost nothing but abuse.
it's not your fault Dear, as I'm well aware
no one taught you any manners,
nor how to share

can't hold your own council or tongue
while hurting you blurt
your hurt to everyone.
High time your karmic tax came due, because in this court...
I can't sue.

Because I’m being me
and you’re being you
tell the truth, without being nasty, merely to get my say:
she never got namaste anyway.

Comments