Skip to main content

A Day at Disney's Wedding Pavilion: Cashing In on the Disneyfication of Love



There's something really, really, really disturbing about this.  Something that says chump and cheap, yet is magically garish simultaneously.  

I hate it.  I hate that Disney is cashing in--yet again--on their contrived and manipulated notions of romance even further than they've already cashed in on it and what they've already spoon fed to mold tender minds on what love is as well as on what 'true love' consists of.  It makes me vomit a little in my mouth.  I hate it almost as much as shitty overpriced white dresses with 'Disney Princesses' names on them to get touted as 'special collections' to make you into yet another walking cash cow while you embark on your fantastic suburban fantasy of heterosexual bliss in virginal white even though your hymen broke at 13 during a family reunion just so your rug-rats can nurse from the same poisonous rat posed as mouse teat as you did because you obviously turned out absolutely fine.  

Truly, after browsing through the website www.disneyweddings.com I am disturbed...    

(True love conquers all).

...I mean this Sleeping Beauty Style 218 wedding gown isn't even white.



Comments