Skip to main content

4 Inches Tall (poem)

Couldn't be more clearer,
Video's the new mirror.
My heart's broken glass, stitched sideways & broken.
Makes the sound of someone creakin'
'Cuz they was speakin' and hadn't yet
Spoken for the day...

...treacherous in that type of way.  

I sing the blues to my palms,
No one hears my songs. 

Or feels the chasm 
that's inside of me.

Or recognizes these Psalms.

With a struggling butterfly
yearning to be free.

Gaslighted in a bell jar.

Hobbled me & said I'd go far.  

Said wish on stars.  

Bang the erasers for the teacher. 

Cry in a bathroom stall or with

Reckless abandon at 80mph

After all you're just a pink flower.

How many petals have you gotten plucked? 

And how many times have you been fucked_

          _over?

When it's done, is it undone?

Screaming boxing matches in this deadly living room full of mold spores and silent snores, how neatly can I fold the napkins now?  

Who you callin' sow?  

How big you feel now?

Comments